Episciences.org is an innovative combination of the two routes of free access: the gold route by hosting journals in open access (overlay journals) and the green route where articles are submitted to these journals by depositing them in an open archive
The platform offers a comprehensive tool for managing the journal, hosting it and disseminating its contents.
It offers the editorial team an array of customisable functions:
- Hosting and customisation of website (design, content, …)
- Parameters of journal (review rubric, volumes, headings …)
- Management of users and their roles (editorial secretary, webmaster, reviewer, guest reviewer, …)
- Managing and following-up reviews
- Emails (reminder,…)
- Publication of articles
Episciences.org has a specific space for reviewers with tools they can use to manage the articles assigned to them and their comments.
It has a specific space for authors to register, submit their article and respond to reviewers’ suggestions.
Open archives partners : HAL, arXiv, CWI
Epi-committees : comprised of recognised experts in their discipline, their role is to stimulate the creation of editorial committees able to organise new épi-revues, and monitor their content and quality.
- epiIAM : informatics and applied mathematics.
- epiMaths : collaboration with Institut Fourier (UMR5582-CNRS et Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble)