Episciences.org is an innovative combination of the two routes of free access: the gold route by hosting journals in open access (overlay journals) and the green route where articles are submitted to these journals by depositing them in an open archive
The platform offers a comprehensive tool for managing the journal, hosting it and disseminating its contents.
It offers the editorial team an array of customisable functions:
- Hosting and customisation of website (design, content, …)
- Parameters of journal (review rubric, volumes, headings …)
- Management of users and their roles (editorial secretary, webmaster, reviewer, guest reviewer, …)
- Managing and following-up reviews
- Emails (reminder,…)
- Publication of articles
Episciences.org has a specific space for reviewers with tools they can use to manage the articles assigned to them and their comments.
It has a specific space for authors to register, submit their article and respond to reviewers’ suggestions.
Steering committee : its main role is to follow-up the existing epi-committees and to create new ones. It assures the coordination between journals and the platform.
- Christine Berthaud (CCSD CNRS)
- Marin Dacos (OpenEdition)
- Jean-Pierre Demailly (Institut Fourier)
- Odile Hologne (INRA)
- Laurence El Khoury (DIST CNRS)
- Claude Kirchner (INRIA)
- Olivier Le Gall (INRA)
- Laurent Romary (INRIA)
Open archives partners : HAL, arXiv, CWI
Epi-committees : comprised of recognised experts in their discipline, their role is to stimulate the creation of editorial committees able to organise new epi-journals, and monitor their content and quality.
- epiIAM : informatics and applied mathematics.
- epiMaths : collaboration with Institut Fourier (UMR5582-CNRS et Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble)
- DMTCS Discrete Mathematics & Theoretical Computer Science
- Hardy-Ramanujan Journal
- Revue de l’ARIMA
- JIPS Journal d’Interaction Homme Machine
- JDMDH Journal of Data Mining and Digital Humanities
- Journal of Interdisciplinary Methodologies and Issues in Science
- Epiga : Epijournal de Géométrie Algébrique
- LMCS Logical Methods in Computer Science
- Sociétés plurielles
- Elpub Conference Proceedings