Change log of version 2018-06-27
New features and changes
- Article submission: when an author submit a new article, the platform check if the article has been submitted previously.
Actions taken depending on the article’s status:
[Article not yet in a reviewing process] the article may be updated
[Article waiting for a reviewer invitation answer ]the article may be updated
[Article published, in a reviewing process or reviewed] submission is blocked
[Article waiting for a revision] submission is blocked, a link is proposed to the author to allow him to answer the revision request
[Article refused] the submission is allowed if the author think the article had major revisions. The new submission will have a new unique identifier. The former version of the submission is kept but article is shown as ‘refused’. The automated message for the new submission will also display the identifier of the refused article, for the record. New email tags have been added for this purpose : %%REFUSED_ARTICLE_MESSAGE%% %%REFUSED_PAPER_URL%% . These tags will have to be added in the email template. The tags are automatically present if the journal uses the default template.
Name of the template to edit : Submitted article – Editors copy
- Uploaded file may be deleted. File uploaded within a reviewer report may not be deleted after the report has been submitted. The reviewer has to ask the editor to change his/her review.
- Review: the editor of an article may allow the reviewer to change his/her report after he/she has submitted a review. For instance to remove an uploaded file or change comments in the rating grid.
- Review: reviewer report’s filenames are now automatically renamed with unique names to avoid a breach of anonymity
- Article management: editors have a new button to update the article’s metadatas. The metadatas are refreshed when they have changed on the open archive where the article comes from.
- Emails: two tags have been added for the template “Submitted article – Editors copy” to indicate that an article has been previously submitted and refused :
- User account merging (for CCSD internal usage, the feature is being tested)
- All editors are now available in the feature «Ask for other editors opinion »
- The abstract was not exported in the TEI format
- Some journal ISSN were not checked correctly and it prevented the validation of the settings page
- The panel « cover letter /comments » is shown only when there is an actual content
- Volumes : HTML from the article’s titles was badly escaped and led to a bad display
- Reviewer invitation, fixed a random bug that prevented the selection of a reviewer. In the process the selection pop-up has been removed. The user experience of this feature will soon be completely reworked.
- Article submission: The open archive has to be selected before the input of the article’s identifier, The choice of the archive changes the example for the identifier
- Episciences portal: journals names may be clicked to go to the journal.
- Article management: the panel “Article status” has been moved to be more visible
- Upgraded MathJax to version 2.7.4