The CCSD is at the service of the scientific and academic communities. Its mission is to facilitate all forms of direct scientific communication, to give greater visibility to French research through the open dissemination of its results, and to ensure its sustainability.
It has created, and develops the HAL+ research infrastructure, included in the national research infrastructure roadmap. HAL+ is based on three service platforms: HAL, Episciences and Sciencesconf.
The CCSD is a support and research unit (UAR3668) under the triple supervision of the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), Inria and INRAE. It benefits from the support of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, and of more than 130 French universities and research organizations that use HAL.
- Developing open archives for all research output and offering free, open access, fostering the visibility and circulation of scientific and technical information
- Ensuring the longevity of all the data collected by protecting repositories and long-term archiving
- Connecting the HAL open archive with the main international themed open archives, such as arXiv, PubMedCentral, etc..
- Developing computerised tools for researchers and scientific communities to facilitate all forms of direct scientific communication
- Providing national computer services, notably participating in the creation of the listings required to identify French scientific output and the automatic updating of administrative data bases
- Participating in all French and international initiatives regarding open archives, particularly European ones