HAL: a public, sustainable and responsible infrastructure
HAL is a rich corpus of millions of documents, produced in the context of scientific research and higher education. The platform guarantees access and long-term preservation of these documents and offers a range of services that contribute to their enhancement.
- an OAI infrastructure ensuring interoperability,
- a stability of identifiers (URL of deposits in particular),
- a preservation of documents thanks to a partnership with CINES for archiving,
- a scientific quality of documents deposited as well as the details describing them: all deposited documents are therefore checked before being put on line,
- a time stamping of deposits guaranteeing the paternity rights of the text deposited,
- listings available via the AURéHAL platform, interoperable with other listings.
International interconnections with the main archives
- arXiv: automatic transfer of a HAL deposit to arXiv at the request of the depositor,
- Europe Pubmed Central,
- OpenAIRE: visibility of publications associated with a European project.
20 years’ experience providing services to researchers, research professors and PhD students
- self-archiving, single repository for storing their publications,
- author identifier and CV,
- browsing statistics and downloads,
- interconnection with CRAC and RIBAC researcher activity reports (CNRS researchers).
Collections to raise the profile of the publications of a particular team, research centre or project
- customisable website,
- simple extraction of publications, browsing statistics and downloads.
Service to institutions: portal offering
10-year anniversary study day
HAL theses and STAR
HAL theses and DART Europe
Accepted file formats
- image : jpg, jpeg, jpe, jps, png, gif, tif, tiff, ms3d, odg, otg, pct, svg
- video : avi, flv, mov, movie, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, qt, rm, rmvb, rv, vob, wmv, m4a, m4v
- son : aac, ac3, aif, aifc, aiff, au, bwf, mp2, mp3, M4r, ogg, ogm, ra, ram, wma, wav
- carte : jpg, jpeg, jpe, jps, png, gif, tif, tiff, ms3d, odg, otg, pct, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, odc, ods, rtf, odf, odt, ott, svg