Summary of Release notes for version 1.033
Version 1.0.33 has been released on September 28th 2022
This summary only highlights recent changes and features, the full release notes with details and bug fixes are available online
- We have added a new page listing all email templates and their available tags for each journal at /administratemail/tagslist (- Mail -> TagList)
- Episciences portal:
- Episciences journals
- We have added a new ‘journals news’ RSS feed for each journal see for instance https://jnsao.episciences.org/rss
- New journal settings parameter: Allow post-acceptance revisions of articles. This feature allows to use a different workflow where documents are revised after they have been accepted. This workflow may be tested on a sandbox journal if you want. Please contact us for setting up a sandbox journal if you don’t already have one.
- 9 article statuses, available for journals allowing ‘post-acceptance revisions of articles’:
- Accepted temporary version, waiting for author’s final version: now, temporary versions that are accepted have this new status instead of “pending minor revision” (git #372)
- Accepted – waiting for author’s final version
- Accepted, waiting for major revision
- Accepted article – final version submitted, waiting for formatting by copy editors
- Accepted temporary version after author’s modifications
- Accepted temporary version, waiting for minor revision
- Accepted temporary version, waiting for major revision
- Accepted – waiting validation by the author
- Approved by author, waiting for final publication
- User profiles:
- Adding ORCID and affiliation to your profile is now possible + this information is displayed on the “editorial staff member” (gitlab #410) & dashboard pages.
- Social Medias & Websites profile informations can also be used on your profile and displayed on the automated editorial staff member page
- New ‘Author’ role automatically added to users that have submitted a document to be able to differentiate members from authors
- Paper list: temporary versions now have a specific label
- Dashboard: Alert for administrators on the existence of papers without assigned editors
- Display the origin of linked datasets
- Administration page of a paper: new shortcut for administrators :
- to allow to sign in as a copy-editor
- to allow to sign in as an editor
- The revision deadline is now displayed below the article’s status.
- A pictogram is added to indicate the date of the revision deadline in the article management table and another one to show the presence and number of conflicts of interest
- #237 Editor comments section is now bigger and easier to use in the user interface.
- We have upgraded publication RSS Feeds with DOIs
- #142: allow that administrators answer revision and copy editing requests
- It is now possible to update the metadata on the document’s page
- Request a new version of an article that has already been accepted
- The “paper status” filter is now dynamically created depending on the statuses actually used by the journal.
- Moved “copy editing” section to a more usable place on the same page
- Dashboard improvements: ability to reach an article from sections: my submissions and assigned articles
- #187: change the default templates: ‘new version submitted’ and ‘tmp version submitted’
- For managers of an article it is now possible to update the document version in Episciences to the most recent version in the open archive, without requesting input from the authors
- CWI open repository has been temporarily removed until we adapt to their new OAI server
- #212: Better handling of capitalization of names
- #207: editing the translation of Chief Editors: Editors in Chief (if plural) and Editor in Chief (if there is only one)
- #169: reports become visible on the article web page:
- according to the parameters of the journal for published articles
- for the owner, only if the paper is refused, waiting for revision, already accepted or published
- Another status (Revision request answer: without any modifications) is used when responding to a revision request: without any modifications.
- Revision requests: now we have an immediate visual feedback when changing the deadline.
- If the journal allows revision of articles after acceptance, the response to a request for a final version (without any changes) is similar to the proposal of a new version.
The full release notes with details and bug fixes are available online as with all previous versions.
Thanks to all the contributors for their time and effort